The remains of the most famous Bialowieza Forest oaks,
knocked down by a gale in 1974. The tree had a huge crown.
One of its boughs, broken off in the 50's, was 29 meters high.
The tree was named by Prof. Karpiński, who connected this oak with
the information from the Dlugosz chronicle about visits of the king
Wladyslaw Jagiello in Bialowieza, before the Grunwald expedition(1409r.)
and during the plague in 1426. The tree's age was estimated at 450-500
years. The tree(actually its remains at the moment) is the highlight for
tourist groups visting the BNP.